- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
We own and develop the MyDyson smart home app, which is at the forefront of Dyson's IoT and customer experience. We are proud of what we have built so far, which includes an App Store and Google Play rating of 4.5 and 4.3 stars respectively. We have more than 1 million active users worldwide and our IoT platform has over 4 million connected Dyson machines. We have huge ambition to grow this platform and as we support more machines from more categories the challenge is significant.
We have App teams located across the UK, Singapore and Poland. We all come from a variety of educational backgrounds and experience levels; not all of us are computer science graduates. We believe that teams composed of people from diverse backgrounds are more successful and innovative.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban, each honing their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing. We all share a commitment to creating high-quality code, and engineers choose to follow practices such as pair programming, mobbing, and test-driven development. We also regularly share our knowledge and interests peer-to-peer through our developer Communities, which have led to the adoption of new technologies and improved cross-team collaboration.
Besides being software professionals, we are also people who enjoy playing online or board games, heading out to lunchtime yoga classes, recording our latest run on Strava or just catching up over coffee. The last year has been a challenge, but we have maintained and strengthened our culture while working through the various lockdowns with virtual events, an informal team newsletter and an empathetic attitude to the needs of individuals.
About the role
We are on the lookout for an experienced Technical Product Owner to join our mobile app team at Dyson. Are focus is on hiring a Technical Product Owner that recognises the need to deliver robust, testable code balanced against the need to deliver fast.
What you’ll be doing if you join us -
- Working with one or two teams, delivering features and improvements to our MyDyson app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Defining stories and priorities for the sprint backlog
- Working closely with the Product Manager to define the incremental backlog and prepare for increment planning
- Helping to create a meaningful partnership with the Scrum Master to nurture motivated, effective teams
- Liaising with colleagues from other Agile Release Trains (Cloud, Embedded Software etc.) to identify dependencies and share new ideas and ways of working
- Sharing knowledge within the app team to develop your skills and competencies and those of your teammates
- Being an active member of the Dyson Product Owner community including attending and contributing to CoPs, in order to encourage debate on a variety of topics, practices and ideas
- Using data to help guide next steps based on data insights
- Product Owner with an in-depth technical understanding (preferably in the app arena), and able to quickly pick-up new concepts and be comfortable with portraying technical information
- Enthusiastic and energetic and looking for a new challenge in an agile-friendly, encouraging and collaborative environment
- Interested in how technology can improve the environments people live in
- You’re a collaborative person that believes in the Agile principles and how they can help empowered teams deliver the best software
- Passionate about learning new things and sharing those things with others
- You get satisfaction from solving real-world problems with well-crafted software
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Secure bike parking / Cycle to work scheme
- Free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.