- Data Science and Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Technical Project Manager
Whether you're curious about different opportunities, looking to continue your career path or considering a detour into unexplored areas of Dyson - we hope the below job is of interest!
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
About the role
The Project Manager is required to orchestrate some of our large complexity activities across the Chief Innovation and Technology Office (IT) or to manage one of our core categories in support of our transformation plans. The role will be instrumental to ensure projects are delivered on time; meet technical specification and are within budget.
- Manage large complex projects or product delivery by utilising the appropriate systems, processes and resources to facilitate an optimal delivery. This will include identifying, managing and mitigating the projects risk and issues, and agreeing account-abilities and responsibilities with the wider project team
- Coordinate and communicate project scope, identify dependencies and understand the critical path to secure timely project delivery.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, resolve conflicts, empower and inspire teams.
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective.
- Control the budget and manage the project costs/resources.
- Define, assess and track the impact of change requests.
- Actively measure business value to support justifications on current and future product investment.
- Achieve collaboration with stakeholders to encourage transparency and alignment of business priorities, dependencies, and constraints.
- Create resource plans to determine demand and manage project resource allocation.
- Capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvement initiatives and change management.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and emerging technologies to inform product decisions.
- Flexible in thinking and result oriented!
- 7+ years of experience in project/product delivery in AI, data analytics, or IT environment.
- Experience working in an Agile, SCRUM or Lean Start-up environment.
- Experience in managing backlog, developing user stories, and estimating story points.
- Experience in developing business cases and managing investment budgets with ability to drive new value proposition and influence business to embrace new innovations.
- Significant experience with proven ability to manage and deliver moderately complex tasks in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Ability to think strategically but also dive deep into details and drive execution.
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers.
- Demonstrated leadership working in cross-functional technical teams (direct/virtual)
- In depth understanding and application of business processes, change management, project governance methods and project management fundamentals.
- Experience working with enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM, or MES is preferred.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.