- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different
We’re growing fast; in our new and core categories, and across all our global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it’s natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
We differentiate ourselves through superior technology and the unique experiences that we bring to our customers. However, we need to manage this ambition in a more efficient and agile way, bringing new technology to markets faster and reacting to customer needs and expectations more quickly. And, we will.
About the role
The Technical Project Manager is a vital role which reports into the Commercial PMO, based in Malmesbury, UK. They are responsible for the project management of the delivery of a Claims Proposition for a given project to ensure it is fully substantiated and market leading. They will work closely with the Commercial Manager and Claims Manager to set the strategic direction of the project and be responsible for escalating risks to delivery from the Legal Counsel and Claims Manager. They will feed key project dates into the category led project time plan for the Commercial proposition and be responsible for ensuring that the claims working group is effectively managed and governed. They will be responsible for ensuring that as projects have a clear substantiation plan in place to support the development of a campaign.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring there is a clear timing plan to deliver a Commercial proposition that aligns with both the RDD plan and Commercial delivery plan.
- Responsible for working with the Office Of CEO Strategy team to ensure that early claim intents are scoped in terms of substantiation methodology, test and cost requirements – against the Dyson milestones.
- Responsible for working with Design Manager and Commercial Manager to develop the Commercial Proposition to the project plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that Claim Substantiation Proposals are written by the Claims Manager and Legal advice is sought per the Legal SLA.
- Responsible for working with the Commercial Project Managers to ensure that Claims confidence achieves sufficient maturity to approve project assets
- Responsible for working with RDD project managers and Category teams to deliver end of project testing plan to achieve full substantiation before Launch.
- Chair the Claims Working Group to ensure that an effective and innovative Commercial proposition can be developed by the Commercial and Design Manager with a clear understanding of the risks to delivery.
- Responsible for developing an integrated claims testing plan to be handed to the delivery teams.
- Responsible for project managing and governing the Claims Working Group against the relevant stages of the milestone process.
- Responsible to ensure that the project team are aware of the legal and technical substantiation risks based upon the proposed product claims and product spec.
- Responsible for ensuring that the cross-team are aware of key events in the process of substantiating product claims.
- Responsible for working with the Commercial Campaign and Project Management team to shape key substantiation dates and manage risk across campaign deliverables (incl. Box, Retail, Television Commercial (TVC) and Digital assets).
- Responsible for onboarding the campaign team into the project (Campaign and Project Managers) and ensuring that delivery risks are identified against each channel.
- Responsible for forecasting key costs and timings for substantiation of claim areas for legal/substantiation purposes.
- Responsible for representing the delivery plan to substantiate product claims in key governance reviews incl. Phase Reviews and, where necessary, Milestones.
- Responsible for reporting and escalating key technical risks and mitigation to key stakeholders.
- Presenting technical risks and opportunities to Claims, Standards and Insights Leadership weekly meetings
- Informing technical risks into Commercial risk reporting cycle
- Reporting substantiation risks to RDD project leadership team.
- Solid experience in leading people and projects in a technical content or technical fields
- A positive communicator with strong negotiation skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Passion for planning and project management principles and the role they plays in driving business growth
- Highly-organised with the ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site hair salon
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
- Free concierge service
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free gym membership
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants with free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.