- Australia - New South Wales Remote
Our Field and Retails Sales team ensures our machines are presented in an appropriate and consistent way that is recognisably Dyson, to clearly explain our technology and create the right customer experience. This builds our reputation and enables the team to deliver solid long-term sales strategies and plans, while recognising and taking advantage of shorter-term opportunities.
Our Field and Retails Sales team are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out, and are excited about it. In a constantly changing marketplace we sell Dyson technology across the world to leading retailers. We combine global strategy, local market knowledge with the right trading terms to present Dyson in the best possible way.
About the role
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Beauty Regional Development Manager manages the relationship between Dyson and relevant Australian retailers at Store level within a defined territory. They are responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans/activities to grow sales volume, value & Dyson market share within their territory.
The position will require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time this may include evening and weekend events which may require the individual to stay away from home. This role covers NSW territory.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Drive sales growth in a defined region
- Proactively own and grow your region by identifying and delivering sales-out opportunities and activities at a store level
- Take the lead in developing retailer events that inspire and innovate , always showing clear ROI in any activity as well as development in advocacy and ownership within your region
- Be a valued business partner to our retailers by delivering year on year growth (value and volume as defined by your KPI’s)
- Proactively plan, execute and review all sales activities by account.
- Conduct robust business discussions with retailers incorporating market intelligence, category facts, sales data and Dyson marketing and promotional plans
- Execute the 7 steps of a sales call and document accordingly
- Analyse and interpret sales drivers to influence your call frequency and activity by account.
- Conduct route planning to ensure the best possible use of time and ensure that call frequencies are maintained and call cycle is effective
- Utilise current reporting formats to identify trends and opportunities, or request reporting formats as required
- Work collaboratively with Team Dyson Regional Managers and Stylists to achieve planned sales-out results
- Work one weekend a month in store with Stylists to identify opportunities & challenges
Build brand advocacy with retailer staff
- Work collaboratively with Training Team to plan and deliver all territory training activities including in-store retail staff product training, customer events, academies etc
- Execute a high level of customer service by being a brand ambassador of Dyson
- Effectively communicate to retail managers and sales staff Dyson policies and procedures (i.e. repairs, returns)
- Work collaboratively with external providers to deliver a premium brand experience for our consumers eg. Crossmark, iDesign etc
- Maintain an active knowledge of all Dyson Beauty products including all new product development.
- Maintain an active knowledge of all Beauty product categories including competitor and market intelligence
- Have full knowledge of your retailers’ internal structure (i.e. Franchisee, Manager, Sales staff, Stock officer, Visual display manager, Claims/Store/Dock person) understand who are the decision makers and influencers, and develop working relationships at all levels where appropriate
Support Head Office Teams
- Provide regular reports with photographs on the stores visited and ‘perfect’ retail execution, sharing feedback and best practice
- Document and report on weekly sales activities and events (new products, pricing, promotion or any other important details.)
- Attend Field Sales meetings at Dyson Head Office as required
- Support Beauty training events
- Work collaboratively with National Account Team to share opportunities, challenges and ideas to drive growth of Beauty category in your region
Increase awareness of the brand within our retailers stores
- Actively seek opportunities in store to be positioned in high traffic/footfall areas and set up and implement incremental display space
- Form close working relationships across multiple departments in some stores where required
- Promote the full range of Dyson Beauty products including accessories and new product development.
- * Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements
Administration & Other Duties
- * Complete all reporting requirements as defined by line manager
- * Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- * Identify problems and find solutions
- * Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours
- * Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures
- * Any other duties that may be required to meet the needs of the organisation
The right experience:
- A valid clean driver’s license
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an equivalent role
- Beauty Category experience is preferred
- Strong track record of achieving performance targets
- High level experience of customer negotiations and dealings
- Evidence of commercial and financial expertise
- Degree qualified preferred
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong Influencing skills
- Strong team player that is results driven
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Relentlessly strives to create results
- Understands and addresses customer’s needs
- Persuasively sells products and solutions
- Best practice implementation of sales process
- Seeks new ways to solve problems
- * Training skills desirable
At Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Outside of a competitive salary and sales bonus, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, paid parental leave and ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will be provided with all tools of trade. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.