- Canada - Alberta Remote
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bag-less cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 6,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cord-free vacuums powered by our patented Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve added purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and launched our first innovation in the beauty category – Dyson Supersonic TM hair dryer. And we’re not done; our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing technology that is both different and better. But inventive thinking and revolutionary engineering are just the beginning – a big part of our success is due to the work we do with retailers and their staff, showing them what makes our products special, and inspiring them to connect with customers and increase sales. This is where our Territory Sales Managers come in.
About the role:
You will visit retail locations in your designated territory (Northern Prairies) within a designated time frame and hit some tough but achievable targets. Managing a team of Dyson Experts positioned at key retail locations throughout the Northern Prairies market, you will be responsible for coaching them on selling skills and successful store practices. Using the tools available, you will motivate them to hit some tough but achievable targets while ensuring they are providing customers with the best Dyson Experience possible, encouraging them to try out our technology and take our amazing products home for themselves. You will provide product knowledge to store associates so they understand the key features, benefits and differences on retail visits and conduct training sessions in groups of 1 – 200 store associates. You will use sales data and analytical skills to identify and take advantage of opportunities to grow Dyson’s business and presence in all areas of the Edmonton and North Prairies market. You will also be responsible for ensuring the Dyson instore presence and merchandising standards are maintained and remain best in class.
Specifically, you will –
- Coach and manage a team of Dyson Experts strategically placed throughout the Northern Prairies Market
- Ensure they are effectively communicating our “4 E’s” model of interaction with shoppers
- Ensure Dyson Experts are providing a best in class Dyson Experience on every interaction with all consumers
- Build strong and profitable customer relationships with management and sales associates at store level, and get them excited about the Dyson brand
- Use your proven analytical skills to look at and find opportunities to grow the Dyson business in your territory
- Ensure accurate in-store signage, displays, and pricing and promotional adherence to maintain the integrity of our brand
- Negotiate and implement compelling and lasting incremental displays
- Conduct training sessions with retail store associates on product features and sales techniques, both in a group environment and on a one-to-one basis
- Demonstrate our products to an audience of retail sales associates and consumers
- Develop relationships and drive sales with independent retailers
- Monitor stock compliance to ensure accurate inventory levels
- Provide feedback to our sales and marketing teams on potential opportunities, tools and processes that would contribute to driving sales
- Share experiences, successes and learnings with our team of Territory Sales Managers
An enthusiastic, driven and flexible professional who –
- Has a university degree and at least 2 years’ field sales and merchandising experience, with an excellent track record of achievements
- Has past proven people management and motivational skills
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Is a comfortable and persuasive communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
- Is a self-starter who manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel within the territory
- Is able to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs.
- Has an engaging, driven and dynamic personality
- Solid understanding of retail business and of the consumer packaged goods industry represents an asset
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.