- Canada - British Columbia Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 6,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cord-free vacuums powered by our patented Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve added purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and launched our first innovation in the beauty category – Dyson Supersonic TM hair dryer. And we’re not done; our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing technology that is both different and better. But inventive thinking and revolutionary engineering are just the beginning – a big part of our success is due to the work we do with retailers and their staff, showing them what makes our products special, and inspiring them to connect with customers and increase sales. This is where our Territory Sales Managers come in.
About the role:
The Territory Sales Manager Role is responsible for the overall health and growth of a specific Territory. This role requires a professional, polished approach as a representation of Dyson. This role necessitates the ability to build strong, meaningful and impactful relationships with key decision makers and Retail Teams. You will use sales data and analytical skills to identify and take advantage of opportunities to grow Dyson’s business and presence in all areas of the Territory. You will also be responsible for ensuring the Dyson instore presence and merchandising standards are maintained and remain best in class. You will provide product knowledge to Key Retail Team Players, so they understand the value of Dyson, key features, benefits and differences on retail visits. You will Educate Stores in a variety of ways, via pulse trainings, comprehensive trainings delivered both in person and or virtually. You will also lead and manage a team of Dyson Experts. You will be responsible to manage your “Demo Hours Budget” in a profitable fashion ensuring you are meeting company metrics and guidelines provided. Your role will also include engaging your team in coaching on selling skills and successful store practices. Using the tools available, you will motivate them to hit some tough but achievable targets while ensuring they are providing Retail Partners and customers with the best Dyson Experience possible.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build strong, profitable customer relationships with management and sales associates at store level.
- Educate the Value of Dyson & engage, create energy around the products & the solutions they offer
Sales and Analytics -
- Use your proven analytical skills to discover opportunities to grow Dyson in your territory.
- Partner with Key Decision Makers on Sales Reviews and those proactive Sales building Opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a plan with clear measures, execute and see results via post-mortem
- Understand the Dyson Brand Value Proposition to add credibility to growth asks.
- Provide clear, concise communications to Field Leadership on potential opportunities with clear measure on impact and possible ROI for alignment.
- Work collaboratively with key internal partners to support requests to support sales. Provide superior follow up and post analysis on performance.
- Understand through discovery opportunities for incremental sell thru. Negotiate with compelling and lasting incremental displays around Dyson and Key Retailer Moments. Create the disciplines to review via post-mortem to understand impact as well as credibility with your stores in post review.
- Actively own your territory, understand the sales and create meaningful actions to drive sales.
- Build plans surrounding your Demo Budget that is strategic and supports achieving company metrics
- Conduct engaging and relevant training sessions with Retail Partners on Product Features, function and sales techniques. Education will range from instore, virtual, group and one to one environment. Ability to engage professionally and according to Dyson Practices for a consistent approach.
- Secure Planograms instore, ensure Dyson is well presented
- Monitor Stock compliance to ensure accurate and appropriate inventory. Support the stores with recommendations according to the inventory needs
- Ensure accurate in-store signage, displays, pricing, promo adherence to maintain the integrity of our brand
Leadership and Management-
Using the Dyson Canada Selling Methodologies and tools available, lead a team of Dyson Demonstrators within your Territory. Ensure frequency of instore work withs to ensure consistency, "Dyson Experience" compliance and development of your team. Review performance with your team vs your targets; look to proactively support your team where needed to ensure targets are met.
- Coach and manage a team of Dyson Experts strategically placed throughout the Territory
- Ensure they are effectively communicating our “Dyson Method” of interaction with shoppers
- Ensure Dyson Experts are providing a best in class Dyson Experience on every interaction with all consumers
- Ensure that your teams are achieving expected Education metrics demonstrating clear understanding of our products
Feedback and Participation-
- Share added value insights and best practices with Field Team and Leadership. Bring forward clear How, What, Where, When’s along with Clear Wins.
- Actively participate in Team Settings
- At least 2 year of strong retail sales experience, preferable in Territory Sales or Store Management
- Experience in Cosmetics, Hair, Beauty Territory Sales or Store Management is an asset
- Excellent Track Record of Achievements.
- Proven ability to drive results, find solutions, work autonomously as required
- Strong Relationship Builder
- Excellence in execution
- Business Acumen
- People Leadership and Management Experience
- Works well in fast paced environment – Self Motivated – Self Starter
- Post-Secondary Education preferred
- Valid Drivers Licence, Good Driving Record and ability to travel within Territory
- Comfortable with some potential overnight travel
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.