- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Global Product Verification and Test is a diverse group of curious, world-class verification specialists committed to product quality. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products verified to the full extent of the product requirements and specifications. We operate across different technologies, categories and locations but we are united, dedicated and highly collaborative. We pride ourselves on our integrity, honesty and transparency and these traits are at the core of our interactions with the rest of the Dyson world. We have global opportunities and a personal development culture. We focus on growing our technical experts and our leaders of tomorrow.
Based in our MDC facility at Senai, our Verification Team will play a key role in ensuring the reliability of the proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Battery Energy Storage Development Team, as well as the Electronics & Motor Team. This team will design and develop new methodologies that enable verification of our electronics and Motor – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution.
About the roleOur Test Development Engineers will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
They do this through:
- Design & develop electronics verification test strategies for Electronics & Battery specifics.
- Develop & facilitates the statistical processes in formulating verification test strategies for electronics & battery for performance, impedance, cycle life and failure modes.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all electronics projects.
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusion drawn and make design recommendations for changes to current heater/thermal product to Design Engineering.
- Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
- Drive necessary projects and/or meetings to enhance the quality awareness within the organization.
- Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
- Liaising with suppliers to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
- Recognized Degree or Master from an Power Electronics Engineering or Energy Storage Engineering discipline
- Broad electronics engineering skills, with a solid understanding of power electronics & battery technologies.
- Knowledge of li-ion technology, including various cell chemistries and able to understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Independent, confident and competent.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- More than 3 years working experience in Electronic/Electric design industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabView or other similar software.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions.
- Tools & processes ( added advantages)
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.