- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
About the roleAs part of the Global Product Verification Team, you will play an integral part in designing and maintaining physical tests to verify and validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than our competition.
- Bring expertise to enhance Dyson’s product performance, robustness and reliability, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards. These standards are used to assess and support our performance claims, product safety, reliability and component & product development.
- Represent the team when liaising with research, project and marketing teams to identify and lead the development of new and existing methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
- Specify, design, build and develop test rigs & facilities alongside test rig architects to enable the required testing.
- Maintain excellent communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test teams to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
- Influence verification engineers and technicians to enable the detailed development of test method processes & equipment.
- Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan test requirements.
- Review test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
- Work with reliability data and predictive models to analyse potential failure modes and rates.
- Present results, conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing, quality and legal team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, maths or science discipline.
- Experience of developing and running test processes and data analysis. With an understanding of standard test procedures and equipment.
- Experience in undertaking statistical analysis of measurement systems reliability failures and prediction.
- Experience in developing and analysing data from; ALT, HALT, HASS and MEOST test.
- Organisational skills: able to plan ahead; prioritise tasks and co-ordinate the work of others.
- Analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
- Communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
- Able to make design recommendations from experimental results.
- Experience designing and building experimental test equipment, in one or all the following areas; electrical, electronic, mechanical or software.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.