- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Global Product Verification and Test is a diverse group of curious, world-class verification specialists committed to product quality. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products verified to the full extent of the product requirements and specifications. We operate across different technologies, categories and locations but we are united, dedicated and highly collaborative. We pride ourselves on our integrity, honesty and transparency and these traits are at the core of our interactions with the rest of the Dyson world. We have global opportunities and a personal development culture. We focus on growing our technical experts and our leaders of tomorrow.
About The Role
Our Test Development Engineers will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
They do this through:
- Supporting the design & development electronics verification test strategies for Electronics & Motor specifics.
- Develop & facilitates the statistical processes in formulating verification test strategies for electronics & battery for performance, impedance, cycle life and failure modes.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all electronics projects.
- Perform investigative activities and GR&R measurements and participate in technical presentations.
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusion drawn and make design recommendations to Design Engineering.
- Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities
- Broad electronics engineering skills, with a solid understanding of power electronics & RF technologies & motor.
- Knowledge of electronics design, RF technology with skills of designing and fabrication.
- Able to understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Technical understanding of related ISO/IEC standards related to specific test methods.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabView or other similar software.
- Knowledge in simulation or 3D design tools such as Microwave CST or Unigraphics or SolidWorks
- Tools & processes ( added advantages)
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.