- Operational Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Possess knowledge of fundamental engineering principles, theories, concepts and develops competence by applying these to structured assignments and/or problem solving.
Able to understand existing practices / test procedures and execute per documented Instructions.
Ability to devise simple jigs and fixtures required to support test concepts/ideas.
Receives instructions & guidance from seniors but is able to have a positive input during team / project discussions.
Ability to manage time to complete individual tasks and coordinate work with others.
- Drive processes to ensure safety and reliability of all Dyson products.
- Is aware of the tools, equipment and apparatus available/installed to support product testing.
- Able to review and understand, test methods developed for the verification/investigative of new integrated product technology.
- Support resolution of engineering problem through verification with appropriate test methods.
- Supports review of process efficiencies in the execution of tests.
- Supports the use of statistical analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of design solutions, discussing analysis results with seniors for an appropriate response / recommendation.
- Report effectively, key performance and/or competitor test information across respective RDD functions and/or to key stakeholders.
- Supports adherence to departmental process / procedures (i.e. RA, Scrum).
- Has knowledge of own discipline and continues to develop higher level of knowledge & skill within the role.
- Involved in continuous improvement and development of experimental techniques and design methodologies, to further enhance the capability of their team and Dyson as a whole.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver design solutions in agreed timeframe.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Contribute to team/dept. level initiatives & change projects.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams globally.
Relevant qualification or experience of product R&D.
Sound understanding of basic physical principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing.
Able to communicate (written & verbally) effectively through a variety of media.
Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others.
Excellent team-working skills, capable of keeping all relevant parties in the loop on the status of projects and workload.
Able to work independently.
Good attention to detail – able to execute duties following detailed instructions.
Displays Different, Better and authentic.
Displays initiative & pro activity in the investigation & resolution of difficulties / problems.
Competent hands on practical skills and a good understanding of team-specific activities.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.