The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
This position is in GPVT - Test Systems Team to develop new test rig, automate current processes to deliver more effective and efficient outcomes. In generally this position will involve in verification of Mechanical, Electronics and Performance of a product; enabling it by developing test systems solutions. Responsible for supporting the delivery of resolutions to problems using prescribed guidelines and procedures with a good knowledge of own discipline and/or supporting the execution of small to medium, low complex projects.
Engineer working within the support of the team to deliver test sub systems or medium, less complex rigs. Is capable of delivering smaller independent pieces of work. Working to deliver process / equipment upgrades to the team. Displays sound understanding of broad engineering concepts. Is demonstrating greater specific knowledge in areas of specialism.
Accountabilities: - responsibilities/tasks
* Design and develop functional test systems, automated test software framework, libraries and drivers
* Develop automated test software framework, libraries and drivers
* Identify and configure test equipment needed
* Able to provide a good engineering solution towards technical issues that may arise during development of test methods.
* Integrate, install and commission test systems in R&D and manufacturing environments
* To lead, coach and train engineers/technician in test system integration and troubleshooting
* Continuously improve test capability in term of capacity, space and cost.
* Pro-actively involved in NPI & liaise project team to support them by understanding the requirements, issues and to provide result verification when necessary
* Manage new technology transfer for new products and transfer test systems between sites in timely and efficient manner
* Assist the team on developing automated process to improve current practices and outcomes.
* To comply with safety and health requirements at all time to ensure the lab personnel adhered to the same requirements.
* Design and develop test rig concepts through experimentation and structured investigation.
* Work as an element within team to deliver on projects to set deadlines
* Help to develop system requirements and design test systems to fulfil requirements
* Accountability within team to deliver on projects to set deadlines.
* Working with different internal teams to deliver workload.
* Establishing business relationships with external vendors to facilitate project delivery.
* Other related tasks may be given in addition to the above main tasks
* Works within the safety guidelines set out by Dyson policy.
* Works to deliver rigs and equipment to relevant safety standards.
* Has basic understanding of applicable safety standards.
* Can identify risk and hazards within day to day work.
Key Skills / Experience required
* Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronic, Electromechanical) or equivalent
* Have knowledge on control engineering or electronic control systems
* Hands-on experience on test systems / rig development
* Experience using electronic instrumentation such as mulitmeters, spectrum analyser, oscilloscope or power meter
* Preferably 1- or 2-years’ experience under the same capacity
* Quickly learn applicable technology, systems and products
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently
* Good interpersonal skills and able to present
* It’s a must to have skill and vast experience on below subject matters
* Design and architect LabVIEW based solutions. Preferably Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) or Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
* Design and develop electronics solutions for test system using Python, Arduino or PLC test systems solutions
* Electrical & Electronic Design
* In addition, have working knowledge in
* Technical writing
* Communication Skills
* Project management
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us