- Electronics, Product Design
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Carry out role-specific duties, processes and procedures using good engineering technician practice, discipline and skills in a timely, professional manner, to the highest quality standards, clearly and accurately recording and communicating results/outputs
- Execute role-specific, routine activities which support RDD tasks in a timely manner and to schedule where appropriate to minimise unexpected down-time / delays e.g. equipment calibration, preparation, scheduled maintenance, equipment checks, housekeeping, material ordering
- Maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate handovers between shifts, immediate colleagues and/or teams
- Communicates between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input. Interacts directly with Engineering Teams as well as other internal and external teams to offer advice and support.
- Challenge & develop Dyson processes and practices taking a proactive approach to continuous improvement and the generation and ownership of team/dept. level initiatives & change projects
- Mentor trainee/new team members & day to day management of others if relevant
- Can include “Area owner” responsibilities and/or taking on some H&S duties e.g. Fire marshal, first aider
- Carry out some local area tours & demos, induction training, coaching and mentoring
- Ad hoc cover for line manager
- Understands project timelines and pressures and contribute to them achieving them.
- Use industry best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to continuously build own knowledge and improve processes
- Diploma or higher in a relevant field
- Demonstrates drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation, teamwork skills and an ability to work conscientiously under minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage time to complete individual tasks and to coordinate work with others
- Quality focus and attention to detail – able to execute duties, following detailed instructions/processes/procedures to the letter where required, in a repeatable, consistent manner and to suitable timelines
- Good written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to create accurate documentation, keep detailed records and communicate through a variety of media
- Good hands on practical skills and detailed understanding of and competency in the skills required to carry out team-specific activities
- Displays a high level of initiative and pro activity to resolve difficulties and problems
- Excellent manual skills for a workshop/ laboratory environment
- A sound understanding of physical principles and strong role-related knowledge e.g. mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems, instrumentation, airflow and test methods
- Sound understanding of the process to develop products and technologies through research, design, analysis, prototyping, testing and manufacturing
- Demonstrates an understanding of the line manager role and demonstrates some managerial skills e.g. ability to coach, give feedback
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.