- Operational Engineering
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
About the role
* Team Management - To own and support test activity based on assigned test area, leading a group of test executer (operators). To assist Test Engineer in planning and executing general improvements in the assigned area, e.g. training of staffs or improvements of test facility.
* Test Method Development & Improvements - To contribute to the development of new or revise current test methods (DTM - Dyson Test Method) including developments of test rigs, equipments and other requirements to facilitate testing. To execute relevant investigative testing when necessary.
* Test Planning - To assist Test Engineer/Assistant Engineer/lab owner in test capacity forecast activity.
* Design Support - To ensure that the team provides timely support towards pre-development & post-development testing, based on agreed test plan, monitoring periodical test progress/results updates by the team.
* Test Standard Adherence - To strictly ensure all the test activities are carried out according to the documented plan and test procedures such as DTM’s, international standards (IEC, ASTM, etc) and Test Matrix.
* Systems & Document Approval - To review failure summaries from team, to ensure timely creation of Test IDs in TRs on TC, and to ensure timely issuance of test reports & PRs
* Communications - To participate in daily Toolbox meeting with team. , and communicate issues to Test Engineers
* Preventive Maintenance - To maintain control plan and execution of maintenance of test rigs, tools, equipments.
* Inventory Management - To understand the importance of a good inventory plan of lab consumables and support the Test Supervisor in sustaining the inventory.
* Facility Management - To ensure team in assigned areas adhere to housekeeping and safety rules at all times.
* Others - To carry out other related tasks that may be given in addition to the above main tasks.
* Education Background - Minimum of Diploma in preferably Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
* Working Experience - Working experience of 3 to 5 years as Technician or Senior Technician in Testing or Engineering environment is preferred.
* Managing Experience - Experience in managing a small team of operators / leaders / technicians is mandatory.
* Traits - Self-driven with strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing test methods to ensure accuracy and robustness, with the ability to think out of the box. Able to work independently as well as in a group effectively. Capable of working under pressure, multi-task, commit to tight deadlines and able to think and react promptly.
* Soft Skills - A good planner with strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate at all level of employees and dealing with difficult people. Good command of the English language is a definite advantage.
* Specific Skills (Lab Operations) - Candidate with basic knowledge of testing operations or equipment maintenance (5S, Lean, GR&R, SPC, OSHA18001) is preferred.
* Specific Skills (Statistics) - Experience in using Minitab/Weibull or other equivalent tools will be an added advantage.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.