- Science and Research
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
We have an exciting opportunity for an Aerodynamics / CFD / Thermal Engineer to work within our Motors Analysis & Simulation Team, to apply their skills and experience in Fluid Dynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to deliver our next generation motors and their product integration. He/she will also use analytical techniques to add insight into experimental results, driving early development concepts, supporting projects with appropriate technology readiness and advancement. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually improve and develop Fluid Dynamics techniques and methodologies, in order to build the capability of Motors and Power Systems group and Dyson as a whole. If this speaks to you, we want to connect with you for an introductory chat as the team continues to expand!
About the role
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques including CFD and experiments.
- Responsible for all activities related to thermal management and aerodynamic performance of the electric motor through design, development and delivery.
- Responsible to develop air paths and cooling options for mechanical, electrical and electronic components of the motor system to achieve robustness and high performance.
- Responsible for supporting implementation of design concepts from component design through to finished assembly. This would include analysis, product concepts, dimensional verification, and general demonstration of the use of core engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for leading the development of design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, testing, data analysis, fault analysis, problem solving, and design refinement. This may require some direction of technical support personnel.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered) (Doctorate would be an advantage).
- Ability to perform thermodynamic heat transfer calculations and proficient in the theory of thermodynamics, aerodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Having a high degree of expertise in 1D and 3D thermo-fluids analysis
- Good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience in ANSYS CFD and Star CCM+ tools.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- Experience and understanding of rotating machinery design are preferred
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.