- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
The Training Delivery Manager is accountable for the successful execution of customer service training strategy across the Dyson Americas Region in our Contact Center and Repair Experience organizations to achieve our vision to deliver iconic, luxury service and support to our owners and prospective owners. The Training Delivery Manager effectively leads their team of trainers to execute effectively to defined learning needs and can work closely with cross functional teams to effectively prioritize and deploy training programs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
In this role, you will have the following core responsibilities
Execute Against Defined Learning Strategy
You are the execution arm of the defined strategy
- Acts as the key accountable party to ensure successful execution against the defined Customer Service strategy
- Displays strong project management acumen to build detailed executable plans based on strategy defined included detailed milestones, dates, and responsible parties
- Communicates the plan to responsible parties
- Participates, as needed, in specific execution tasks assigned
- “Controls” the plan, identifying status of key deliverables and identifying any risks or issues to achieve and escalating appropriately to management
Oversight of Training Delivery and Quality
You are accountable to confirm that training delivery executes against expectations
- Audit and review training delivery, recognizing good performance and calling out and any identified issues
- Build and roll out tools formal “certification” to validate the effectiveness of training execution
- Communicate the effectiveness of training to management through visualized dashboards and reports
- Build out and oversee targeted action plans to remediate any issues or gaps identified related to training delivery
Deliver Internal Training
You will be accountable for training delivery for internal teams
- Work closely with training delivery specialists to deliver training to internal Customer Service resources (ex. Help Desk and Tier 2 support personnel employed by Dyson)
- Audit internal training team and provides feedback and coaching to internal trainers
- Collect and incorporate feedback to drive effective delivery
Oversee the Quality Control of Outsourcer Training
Holds 3rd party partners accountable for the execution and quality of training delivery
- Clearly sets expectation of quality and deliverables from third party outsourcer related to training execution
- Serves as the “face off” to the 3rd party training delivery lead, conducting regular dialog to identify and track milestones and execution against defined plan
- Conducts “train the trainer” with key 3rd party training resources to model expected training delivery acumen
- Audits training, as appropriate, and provides feedback and coaching support to 3rd party to improve training delivery quality.
Executes Training Capability Build Initiatives
You execute against agreed capability builds based on direction from Sr. Manager, Customer Service Education
- Execute against basic curriculums for evolving businesses including our Dyson Repair Experience and Dyson Service Centers (DSCs)
- Partner with 3rd parties to execute newly defined/refreshed training curriculums for Contact Center staff
Oversee and Prioritize Work
You manage your team and prioritize the work
- Lead, coach, and develop team to efficiently deliver training.
- Set the priority for the team and where efforts should be distorted to successfully execute training.
- You manage the work and execution of the team, getting regular status updates and give direction and steer re: how the work is done.
You collaborate closely with other stakeholders within the Region related to training delivery, sharing information and incorporating feedback
Core skills and competencies:
- You are self-motivated and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to optimize.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong project management skills to drive the successful execution of training delivery based on defined strategy
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and lead your team
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally to achieve business objectives and maintain training consistency across markets.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading training teams in both virtual and office atmospheres.
- Intermediate level user of the following MS Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams. Access knowledge a plus.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.