- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a large multinational technology company with a turnover of over $3bn and a global staff of over 7000.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. Our inventiveness and attention to excellence in everything we do extend into all of our business areas.
About the role
The Training Manager will be part of the LUNA programme team. Luna’s objective is to deliver a standardised E 2 E automated solution available globally to all markets to manage commercial and trade planning, execution and evaluation
You’re commercially astute and used to working collaboratively across a number of different business functions e.g. Group IT, Group Commercial, Group Owner Experience and Markets (countries).
You’re results driven, resilient, love a challenge and have a starter to finisher mentality. You take accountability for your work, not just focusing on the results, but how you execute your work.
Key accountabilities are:
- Owning the training workstream through the lifecycle of the programme
- Working with the wider programme team to understand optimum deployment structure for training
- Creating the training approach for the programme including training objectives, timelines, types of training to be delivered and roles and responsibilities
- Conducting training needs analysis considering user group and type of training to be delivered
- Manages the creation of training materials that meets the business’s needs
- Delivering the training material globally across a number of different regions and teams
- Monitoring the success of training and reporting to key stakeholders
Key skills required:
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Quick learner, hands on, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Team player and collaborative in approach
- Ability to deliver and has a sense of humour under pressure!
- Microsoft packages intermediate + (Excel, Word, PPT, Project, Visio etc)
Key experience required:
- Proven experience in a training role, demonstrating the ability to develop and deliver content
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Experience working with transformation programmes
- Experience in deploying trainings into multiple languages and multiple locations e.g. complexity of planning multiple localisation and translations
- Experience in authoring tools like Articulate, Captivate, SAP EnableNow, etc
- Evaluating performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance
- Proven ability to deliver personally and to lead and manage others to do the same
- A good understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Ideally, holds recognised certification or qualification in training
- In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.