- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our IT team’s aim is to create robust architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and to continue to grow our world-class team. Join us as an intern and from day one, you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone.We are looking for students seeking a 12 month placement as part of their degree programme.
About the role
You will be working with the IT Business Generalist team and will be assigned to a live project putting your skill set into practice from the get-go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Support and work on the delivery of exciting IT programmes for the business
- Analyzing activity to identify business requirements to recommend suitable enhancements
- Opportunity to be involved in the planning, design and execution of IT projects
You could spend time in some of the below teams:
- Business analysis
- Project management
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start, so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, IT, Business or related discipline
- Able to commit full-time for 12 months from August 2021
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and service management and an understanding of project management methodologies would advantageous.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.