- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Marketing and Creative teams launch our latest machines to the world, bringing our problem-solving technology to life in engaging ways. Thankfully, we don’t need marketing gimmicks or clichés because we have fact and engineering superiority on our side. At our Malmesbury technology campus, our in-house agency ensures consistency in brand, advertising, social media, packaging, retail, events and digital across our global markets.Join us and you’ll be immersed in the heart of our strategic commercial activities. Working globally and directly with specialists, you’ll soon establish yourself as a commercial expert.
About the role
Over the course of the year-long placement, you’ll make valuable contributions from day one with rotations in either our retail, digital or product categories such as Environmental Care, Personal Care or Floor Care.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. You’ll be responsible for key missions which supports the wider commercial team and at the same time learning about our processes and methodologies to build your knowledge of a complex, Global marketing function. More specifically, you should expect to be involved with some of the following during your time with us:
- Collating copy for specific campaigns and new product launches, ensuring correct approval protocols are followed
- Analysing large amounts of data from sales and customer insights to pull out key findings to inform future marketing strategy
- Acting as a runner on TV and photographic shoots for new campaign collateral
- Assisting the Senior commercial managers in preparing for Executive team reviews
- Obtaining sign off on suite of marketing assets such as brochures, press adverts, digital content
- Working in cross functional teams you’ll work with teams from digital, social media, advertising and PR to deliver projects on time and to budget
For the duration of your placement, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the commercial team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme as a Commercial Executive.
- You’ll be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month marketing placement, graduating in 2023.
- Your degree discipline can be in any business subject area, but motivation and attitude are also important to us and you will need to be able to demonstrate your commercial acumen and understanding of marketing.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing content.
- You'll be expected to present ideas and actively take part in discussions with colleagues, so you'll need to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Be articulate, quick to build credibility and have a professional approach.
- Skilled at building relationships, you will be collaborating regularly and building your network so that you set yourself up for success when returning on our graduate programme.
- Due to our continued global expansion, the desire to work with a global business is necessary and languages would be a bonus.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.