- Project Management, Quality and Reliability , Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.Dyson’s Project Managers play a critical role in delivering Dyson’s future technology. Coordinating and communicating across all disciplines of design, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing. They ensure the effective and timely delivery of projects, against defined boundaries of time, specification and cost.
About the role
Our Graduate Project Management Programme is an ideal opportunity for those passionate about bridging engineering and business. You’ll be working on reputation-defining projects from day one as part of a global team of Project & Programme Managers. You’ll play a critical role in the development of new Dyson technology ensuring stage-gate deliverables are met in a timely manner.
This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. As a Graduate Project Manager, you will be given critical projects to manage and responsibilities including:
- Managing risks and issues and getting these resolved without impacting the project
- Working with the cross functional teams to deliver to the project requirements
- Communicating project status cross-functionally to ensure effective and timely input
- Utilising established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver solutions
- Governance and organisation of project related information
- Taking an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and helping to support that resolution
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
As well as your line manager to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in an engineering or business-related degree
- Evidence your passion for a career in project management
- You’ll need to evidence that you’ve researched, or understand, the product development cycle and an understanding of what it takes to get a product to market
- You’ll be working alongside engineers, scientists and technical experts so you’ll need to show an appreciation or interest in the technical elements of the role
- your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
All applications will be reviewed however, we advise on applying as soon as possible in order to participate in our first round of interviews.#LI-DYSON
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.