- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with exciting new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re continuing to grow, and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more innovative technology.
About The Team
Upstream Procurement is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of Dyson product development. Our team is a blend of commercial and engineering skills, and we work very closely with our colleagues in NPI, Research and Engineering. Our role is to support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies for new technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Supply Chain Team, we lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all product categories for the newest technologies and early supplier engagement. We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI from the very start of the product development process to ensure we are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality, and performance outcomes.
About The Role
- Manage Upstream Procurement engagement with Research & NPI teams on new technologies within power storage, particularly batteries & cells, across all product categories.
- Engage and lead Upstream Procurement initiatives to source high quality parts, or sub-assemblies, that meet all performance, functional and commercial requirements.
- Work within RDD teams to create, develop and integrate new power storage technologies and comprehensive supplier strategies into product category & research projects.
- Apply established methodologies, best practice, and good discipline to deliver robust commercial and engineering solutions in an agreed timeframe.
- Is a champion for our direct team, the Electro-Mechanical team, working in a professional & ethical manner.
- Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate activities with all relevant teams to ensure effective and timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Carry out the necessary due diligence and qualification of new suppliers.
- You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation
- You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments
- You will need good commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills; these will be key for the role. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also highly desirable
Degree in relevant engineering Mechanical/electrical engineering degree or commercial discipline with demonstrable work experience in these areas
- Proven track record of being able to develop a technically challenging commodity from concept to production, preferably with a background in battery cell sourcing or development
- A good understanding of power storage commodities is highly desirable
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple stakeholders across the different product categories
- Self-starter with the ability to drive early part sourcing activities in an efficient and organised manner
- Experience in a consumer electronics engineering environment would be beneficial, especially those that are cordless/wireless
- Demonstration of experience in engineering and product design, through work experience or qualification, and experience in NPI is highly desirable
- Awareness of power storage technologies and how they, and their systems, work would be beneficial
- Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson products to the world
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.