- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored, solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. To achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are. We strive to create the future every single day by developing new things, different things, things that go against the grain with a diverse and global team of ingenious minds.
About The Team
Upstream Procurement are an exciting team that sits at the very outset of Dyson’s new product development process. Our team have a blend of commercial and engineering experience and we collaborate very closely with our colleagues in NPI (New Product Innovation), Research and Global Engineering to help deliver these pioneering technologies. Our role is to develop and drive the upstream commercial and supply chain strategies for new technologies that will help define Dyson’s future success.
As part of the Global Supply Chain Function, we lead and drive the upstream procurement activity across all product categories for early supplier engagement on the newest technologies and very latest products.
We work collaboratively alongside Research and NPI to ensure we are building robust supply chains that have optimum Cost, Quality and Performance outcomes.
About The Role
This is a site-based individual contributor role revolving around Procurement, Project Management and Problem-Solving. You will be governing delivery of assigned projects in an assigned product category by collaborating with a wide range of Procurement and cross-functional stakeholders in the Upstream space. The projects and problem-solving activities you will be involved in will often be complex and time sensitive.
- Define and implement Upstream Procurement Project Strategy, outlining how Upstream Procurement project activities will support the Product Category Blueprint, systematically identifying & managing key cross-functional stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and building robust project management plans.
- Work with Global Procurement and Commercial Operations to ensure that Commodity Strategies are aligned with Upstream Procurement Project Strategies and Contract Manufacturing Strategy.
- Act as the dedicated Procurement point of contact for Research, NPI, NPD and Commercial stakeholders in assigned Product Category, providing seamless on-site support, managing assigned projects, and governing milestone deliverables for all Upstream Procurement activities.
- Lead Upstream Procurement project management meetings for assigned Product Category, ensuring strong collaboration, timely co-ordination of activities and resolution of commercial escalations. Work with Upstream Procurement on identifying and managing project dependencies, supporting problem-solving and elimination of project bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with Upstream Procurement on Sourcing Council readiness, ensuring that Sourcing decisions meet project and Global Supply Chain requirements.
- Ensure robust documentation is in place for all Sourcing activities.
- Support the generation of the dual sourcing plans while managing dual source exemptions in support of risk mitigation and supply chain resilience.
- Drive the data pertaining to cost down opportunities, cost risks and should cost from Upstream Procurement and Downstream Procurement. Periodically report data to Product Cost Finance at agreed frequency and ensure cross-functional alignment on reported data.
- Partner with Global Procurement, Engineering and Finance on reporting cost avoidance activities in support of the product cost targets and business case requirements.
- Ensure Upstream Procurement milestone deliverables and KPI’s are proactively managed, tracked and met to support new product introduction (NPI). Identify, mitigate, and report Procurement risks for assigned projects. Report Procurement project status to Operations and senior stakeholders.
You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement & project management and the benefits they can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate through sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within commercial and engineering driven environments.
- High levels of conscientiousness and ownership is essential for this role.
- Great Team Player and Collaborator
- You will need to be self-disciplined, organised, attentive to details and diligent.
- Business degree or commercial discipline with demonstrable work experience. Certifications such as MCIPS and PMP are favourable but not mandatory.
- Understanding of the Source-to-Contract phase of Procurement.
- Strong understanding of NPI product development environments.
- Experience in leading small-scale projects from start to finish, with a solid understanding of the basics of waterfall project management.
- Able to work collaboratively and influence multiple senior global stakeholders from Commercial and Engineering functions using your diplomatic skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility & accountability, and the desire to contribute to developing a data-driven and delivery-oriented culture.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.