- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
About the roleYou will be part of the EMEA Centre of Excellence based in Amsterdam reporting in to the Head of Owner Experience EMEA
The Centre’s of Excellence (COEs) are responsible for driving scale across relevant local markets, increasing global capability, informing strategic decisions and cascading best Global practice across privacy & compliance. A blended cross-discipline team of media and performance specialists, customer experience leads, strategists, analysts, producers, visual designers, creatives and copywriters. We believe that problems are best solved via collaborative exploration, you will work in multi-disciplinary highly collaborative teams both within the Regional Centre and in-market.
You’ll work across our 4 portfolio categories (of Personal Care, Floorcare, Environmental Care and Lighting), across a diverse range of platforms, products and services. Every project brings new and interesting challenges. You’ll create experiences across our e-commerce platform and apps, digital media and social, third party platforms, as well as digital experiences in physical spaces.
You will be responsible for driving and evangilising the role of Experience planning and design and leading the region on translating business problems in to the most optimal user/customer experience that is efficient, cost effective and maximises user interaction and ROI.
- Working alongside peers in UX and UI but also a mulit diciplinary team to create and evolve new visual solutions.
- Demonstrating exceptional creative thinking, and executional design skill.
- Taking on board data-driven insight to create intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories.
- Understanding customer journeys and how they interact with Dyson’s digital touchpoints.
- Being comfortable in creatively steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on beautiful layouts with intuitive usability.
- Being versatile and enjoying working on a variety of projects within the vast array of Dyson’s digital platforms.
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation and especially within our multi-disciplinary agile-based teams.
- Ensuring all designs work within a responsive framework and are built on our Dyson Design System.
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Enjoying working as a key member of a close-knit, sociable team.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to map solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design methodologies.
- 5 years + working in the User Experience/ Experience Design space.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community.
- A strong ability to think strategically
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX architecture
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Experience in diagramming, design and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, and Invision is a plus.
- Visual design skills a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams
- Company Pension scheme - Employer contribution: 7.5% of pension base
- Life Assurance
- Company Fitness plan
- Language courses
- Discount on Dyson products
- 29 days annual holiday (+ 10 public holidays, if they fall on the weekend they do not carry forward)
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Parental Leave
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.