- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Location details
- Malmesbury & Bristol
The Connected team works closely with the RDD department and is responsible for digital innovation within our connected machines program. The team comprises of four different areas (UX/UI, Technology, Connected Features and Commercial), which work collaboratively together to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instill consumer understanding of and confidence in the machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately enhance Dyson’s reputation as a leading technology company.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for the design and experience of core journeys for Dyson’s native mobile apps. You will have an organised design process, understanding the underlying structure of cross-channel experiences and how they affect multiple audiences. You will be adept at balancing user-experience with technology, commercial and time requirements, and must be able to think broadly about the impact and application of interaction design.
- IA, flows, interaction design for all Dyson’s commercial website and direct channels
- Close collaboration with Senior team members to deliver consistent, relevant experiences
- Clearly communicate design intent
- Advocacy for and contribution to Agile software design practice
- Collaborating with other designers to provide a user experience that can scale
- Accurately scoping and delivering designs to an exceptional standard, with military precision
- Collation of research and insight and production of associated artefacts
- Scoping of usability trials and related research activity, including discussion plans, observation and reports
You will be currently working in-house on a digital consumer facing product, or as part of an agency working with (native mobile apps) with your clients. This role is suitable for a UX designer looking to challenge and build upon their experience, or a designer who is currently engaged in UX practice but wishing to step into a more focused role.
You will be passionate about the IoT and ground-breaking technology, ideally having experience of working with connected technology and accompanying digital experiences.
Key skills required would be:
- Understanding of web development, native app development and other digital technologies
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team- Usability testing- Journey mapping, wire flows, prototyping- Surveys and analysis- Creation of Personas and other design tools- Accurate estimation of time and budgets- Requirements gathering through facilitation of workshops and interviews- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within the digital design or mobile apps industry- Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)- Adobe Indesign, Photoshop- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)- International research
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines