- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to provide insights to the Dyson Connected Experience Design team. You’ll understand the value of insight-driven, user-centric design, working closely with our talented and inspiring Connected Experience Design team.
As well as working closely with your Experience Design colleagues, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with a broader Dyson research team, and also directly with Commercial, Product Design and the engineering teams too. You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job you love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using the insight you glean to drive a better experience.
Something of an app/digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, trends and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better version of yourself.
You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
- Helping to establish the Dyson Link App as a key owner experience channel.
- Own connected user research projects end to end
- Design and run qualitative research studies to support design and development of the Dyson Link mobile apps
- You’re versatile and enjoy working on a variety of projects within the Dyson Link ecosystem
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the organization, including other research teams, product design, engineering, commercial and data.
- A champion of best practice, UX principles and advancing our core Dyson Values.
- Confident in presenting and explaining insights to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Actively advancing the team culture and supporting junior members of the team.
- An excellent understanding of how to run qualitative and quantitive research/insight projects
- Comfortable with short turnaround research sprints. Or longer-term studies that build over time.
- Feed into roadmap prioritisation for app development and connected products
- Identify user needs and support definition of use cases
- Able to document insights and present to immediate stakeholder team
- Be the voice of the customer/owner. Support user-centred-design (UCD) practices
- This role would be supported by a wider research team and research ops, but the successfully individual would be expected to own their projects end-to-end and operate independently as part of a broad, distributed research team
Nice to have
- Experience in research relating to digital products and services.
Our culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and our pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.