- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role
- Review and ensure timely submission of monthly and annual VAT returns along with associated Intrastat and EC Sales Listings for European territories.
- Returns are primarily prepared in-house, but the role involves liaising with external advisors in some territories to manage submissions.
- Review and reconciliation of real-time invoice-reporting requirements in some territories.
- Ensure all VAT payments are assessed and made on time. Also prepare forecasts of VAT payments for Treasury.
- Review VAT balance sheet reconciliations prepared by team by set deadline.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders in business units to resolve issues identified through compliance process and see through to resolution
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in existing compliance processes, be that through change in ways of working, better utilising systems etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders and advisors to ensure that local tax audits involving VAT are managed effectively and in-line with group policies.
- Work with other tax teams (international tax/ transfer pricing) as necessary to ensure VAT implications appropriately considered e.g. VAT implications of TP adjustments.
- Keep updated on tax developments in VAT law/practice and assess their impact on the business.
- Support/lead on ad hoc project work dependent on need.
- Support and build capability within the VAT compliance team.
- Existing experience of UK VAT and of VAT in other European jurisdictions is essential.
- Existing knowledge of SAP and a background in accounting are highly desirable.
- Ability to manage own time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong numerical background and advanced Excel skills.
- High levels of accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to be pro-active and take initiative.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.