- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising
new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Across our support teams, we’re proud to be different and, importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth. From our Finance and Security teams to Legal, Communications and our People function, we’re focused on delivering an unsurpassed service across the entire business.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As our VAT Compliance Manager, you will have oversight of all VAT compliance for the technology group across Europe. You will have the opportunity to get to grips with a truly global supply chain and insight into our many routes to market through which we get our consumer products into the hands of owners on a continental scale.
Managing conflicting deadlines and a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you will oversee your team of three staff to ensure the right tax is paid at the right time in multiple jurisdictions. The Dyson VAT Team has a history of embracing new technologies, and you will continue to embed and incrementally improve our robotic and automated processes in our drive for greater accuracy and oversight in VAT reporting.
To efficiently and effectively manage the compliance obligations of a group of this size requires attention to detail in investigating and understanding what is actually happening on the ground – when the temperature of a pasty can change the VAT rate, it is the specifics that really matter. While predominantly responsible for preparing and meeting the European VAT compliance obligations of the group in EMEA, we in the VAT Team are privileged to gain insight into the actual day-to-day activities of the group in a way few other finance professionals do. We need to identify issues and affect change in other teams by supporting and influencing them to improve their controls and processes to correctly and accurately report to multiple governmental stakeholders.
Reporting to the Head of Global Indirect Taxes who is also based in Malmesbury, you will join an established team that is already directly managing these obligations across the EMEA region. After a long period of expansion where we have substantially increased headcount to support our phenomenal growth, this is a replacement role with the incumbent finishing a fixed-term secondment with us. The role would suit a VAT specialist with a strong existing skillset looking for a punchy, goods-focused international role.
Primary responsibilities will include the delivery of all VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List, and associated SAF-T reporting in multiple countries. You will also oversee VAT cash flow forecasting and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the team. You will liaise with and manage external advisors where necessary and cultivate relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to resolve issues you identify. You will have carte blanche to look for opportunities to improve efficiency in existing compliance processes, be that through changes in our ways of working, or better utilisation of systems and automated solutions. You will work with our Tax Technologist and SAP Process & Reporting Manager to build those efficiencies.
The role is ideally suited to a VAT specialist with strong international experience, including of SAF-T and other reporting requirements across Europe. Experience managing people, and a strong track record of supporting their development is important.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of international VAT in a number of jurisdictions
- CTA qualification highly desirable
- Prior experience working with SAP would certainly be beneficial but is not essential
- A strong track record of proactive and independent problem-solving
- High levels of accuracy and an eye for detail
- Strong analytical mind, and an inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to build, maintain and influence working relationships.
- An urge to make things better
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.