- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
This is a key role in the DEPL MDAC team within RDD which is an excellent opportunity for an experience technician who would like to take additional responsibility and raise their profile to the RDD team. He/ She will champion and work with NPI/SOP engineer to developing cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
- Support the MDAC team in validating the numerous DDM (Dyson Digital motor) in Dyson products with particular measurement of the motor parameters and test setup / monitoring.
- Support on DDM PCBA prototype fabrication and integrate the prototype into the product.
- Support on conduct series of required motor system test during project development, to ensure solution meet system function requirement.
- Support Engineer for Product Field return unit investigation and generate analysis report.
- Support Engineer for FRACAS investigation, generate analysis report and conduct necessary testing on the solution. ( FRACAS : Failure reporting Analysis corrective action system ).
- Support Engineer for product level control run related with the MDAC project.
- Support the lab management and collaboration with the lab owner to ensure fulfil the 7S standard.
- A minimum of Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering is required, reinforced with practical engineering experience and preferably has experience working in RDD electronics environment.
- The candidate must have good practical skills in electronic engineering.
- An ability to execute a test independently, from setup to result reporting is necessary.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy is needed together with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is required with particular emphasis on the use of Excel for recording results that can be graphically demonstrated.
- Good at communicating at all levels and able to work in a self-motivated way as well as in a team.
- Familiarity in the operation of electronic test equipment and an ability to use standard laboratory equipment (power meter, oscilloscope etc.) to set up experiments and performance the measurement, analysis, fault-finding and verification test.
- Good Soldering Skills.
- Basic electronics troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to details.
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Able to work from either verbal of written brief.
- Ability to work on a number of tasks concurrently without losing focus.
- Preferably 2 -3 years working experience in RDD electronic industry with a proven track record of professional approach to solving engineering problems.
- Familiarity in the operation of basic motor electronic test equipment such as AC/DC power source, data logger, Climatic chamber, digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, power analyzers, digital multimeter & etc.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.