- US $ Competitive
- Information Technology
- Chicago - USA
In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is over 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
About the roleThe Vice President, IT – Americas, reporting to the Global CIO, will be responsible for:
- Providing overall leadership for IT in Dyson’s Americas region including support for the United States, Canada and Mexico with additional expansion planned across Latin America.
- Work closely with the CIO, to strategically partner with the most senior members of Dyson’s organisation to drive our Digital Transformation agenda and shape the future way that Dyson works.
- Take accountability for the regional transformation strategy and roadmaps for the relevant applications including delivering any new solutions needed to support the business across Americas, aligned with broader Global IT strategy, agreed Enterprise Architecture and Regional IT requirements.
- Operationally own the local platforms and services and ensure we drive for exceptional IT service delivery and continuity for the business. Bringing focus and mitigating critical operational risk and driving a customer-centric mindset into the way the team operates with a key focus on customer satisfaction metrics and SLAs.
- Work with Global platform owners to drive the regional roadmap to standardise business applications across the world and deliver against the local requirements for the Americas markets.
- Ensuring local business stakeholders have clear visibility of roadmaps and plans to meet IT demands, working with the wider global IT team to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured.
- Providing technical insight into the Regional Leadership team on global, regional and local technology trends and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions in the region.
- At Dyson we never stand still, our goals are ambitious and we constantly drive for new and better ways to deliver, as a senior leader within Dyson you will lead a global team, engaging, empowering and inspiring them to deliver against these challenging objectives working as one team with global IT and the broader business.
About youWith experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading a core global team within a large IT function.
- A visionary with a proven track record in delivering innovation into an organisation.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at senior leadership team levels.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Significant track record of establishing and maintaining a high-performing team under pressure.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to influence outside of direct control at a senior leadership team level.
- Ability to take a holistic view, thinking regionally and acting globally.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Ability to set and effectively communicate IT strategies in multi-national organisations.
- First class leadership and management skills.
- Customer focused and driven, focused on service and operational excellence.
- Significant experience of Americas markets and IT landscape and ecosystems across the region.
- Sound commercial understanding, drive and experience of a KPI/Service culture.
- An ability to derive business benefits from technology and to recognise opportunities.
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming ways of working through technology within a global company.
- Flexible with the ability to embrace change, as well as drive and lead change.
- Ability to influence across all sectors to gain alignment, agreement and commitments.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Experience leading teams of business analysts, solution architects, development managers, as well as project managers to develop clear architectural roadmaps and associated competencies.
- Experience using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.