- United States - New York Fifth Avenue Demo Store
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
At Dyson, we sell by demonstrating. Our Virtual Demo Experts are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out, and are excited by it. They are the face of Dyson, connecting our world-leading and pioneering technology with shoppers and owners. This new demonstration format will use text based chat with prospective owners and one-on-one video chat conversations. The focus will be on demonstrating select Dyson products while on camera and addressing any questions to support the prospective owner in selecting the right machine for them. Working to daily targets, the team are trained to provide product information, deliver excellent customer service and offer solutions for the whole home in a virtual experience.
About the role:
- This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly rate, a monthly bonus incentive plan and benefits
- Create shopper experiences that defy convention and are unique and new
- Gain knowledge of Dyson products inside and out and be the first to learn, share, and inspire your customers through a best in class experience
- Deliver virtual demonstrations that build rapport with each customer with the ability to sell across full product range
- Maintain a consistently high level of productivity and video call quality
- Responsible for sales related customer inquiries. Other troubleshooting, technical or service requests will be handed off to the Customer Care team
- Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to conduct real-time research to determine the best solution for the customer - this requires immediate responses and quick thinking
- Ability to work across multiple technology platforms and systems
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Flexible availability to work during peak retail hours such as nights, weekends and holidays
- 1+ year experience in customer service, retail and or sales related position
- Comfort in engaging via chat while being on screen / video
- Comfort with technology and ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by exceeding our sales performance aspirations and creating an innovative customer experience
- Experience working with a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to quickly identify prospective owners needs
- Strong knowledge of the Dyson product range and what makes each model different
- Ability to adjust demo style to each prospective owner
- Familiarity with video chat technologies and comfortable with being in front of the camera
- Ability to light troubleshoot consumer technologies if needed such identifying a browser type, directions to turn on video, audio troubleshooting
- Strong/ advanced written and oral communication required
- Knowing when to work independently and when to ask for help
- Ability to ask for the sale and close the sale
- Organized and being able to multitask
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.