- Chippenham, United Kingdom
The Facilities & Warehouse Supervisor will successfully manage, train, coach and develop a team of Facilities & Warehouse Operatives to ensure consistent delivery of target service level despatch outputs. Driving changes to ensure Dyson provides premium customer service at all times.
· Manage, support, coach and develop Picking / Stores / Facilities Operatives to achieve personal matrix goals, team and department performance targets.
· Train and develop direct reports to ensure they demonstrate best practice in all aspects of the despatch and warehouse environment processes and quickly get up-to-speed with any new standards or ways of working, including H&S, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work etc.
· Take responsibility for source internal training and measure the effect of the required training.
· Implement & Maintain as required all Warehouse & Facilities H&S procedures, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work & Tasks specific procedures.
· Deal with any site emergencies in the absence of the Warehouse & Facilities Manager & to report or action any changes / incidents to relevant responsible persons.
· Maintain full working knowledge of all functions within department, being able to handle and resolve any and all forms of operational issue.
· Be responsible for Health and Safety within the despatch and warehouse facility.
· Recommend and escalate changes to all systems (internal and external processes, computer systems etc) to improve/ enhance operational performance.
· Strive to enhance communication channels within the despatch and warehouse facility and allied departments to foster mutually beneficial cross functional relationships.
· Motivate and encourage ideas for improvement from all members of staff.
· Actively participate in the future shaping of the department processes and ideals. Attend relevant meetings and work on projects delegated from the Warehouse & Facilities Manager where appropriate.
· Actively promote and demonstrate Dyson’s customer care promise at all times and be visible in the warehouse facility to Picking / Stores / Facilities Operatives.
· Champion the department targets and business goals.
· ‘Lead from the front’ and proactively display a confident and respectful drive in all actions and communications.
· 1 years Warehouse Management (or Team Leader) experience.
· Competent use of Microsoft Office / SAP.
· Good level of communication skills both verbal and written.
· Solid training and coaching capability.
· Team player capable of building and motivating teams.
· Pro-active and results driven.
· Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
· 27 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays in lieu.
· Pension scheme.
· Performance related bonus.
· Life assurance.
· Discounted Dyson products.