- Competitive + bonus
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chippenham, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We aim to deliver a World-Class service and owner experience at every opportunity, to turn Owners into passionate advocates of the brand.
We are passionate about ensuring our Owners have the most helpful, accessible and thorough after-care service right when it is needed, ensuring our Owners issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
We're looking for a Service Workshop Manager to join our team.
About the role
- To manage, support, coach and develop the Service Workshop team reports to achieve personal matrix goals, team and department performance targets. To ensure HR best practice and Dyson Ways of Working are demonstrated, and, where exceeded, the individual receives recognition.
- To train and develop direct reports to ensure they demonstrate best practice in all aspects of Service Workshop processes and quickly get up-to-speed with any new standards or ways of working, including H&S. To take responsibility for source internal training or external training and measure the effect of the required training. To ensure that all roles are supposed by SOPs, training records and training matrixes.
- To actively participate in effective performance management of direct reports including regular meaningful 1:1s with direct reports to track performance against objectives. To observe behaviours and skills of direct reports to ensure they are professional, confident and capable with all aspects of role. Identify any development needs and help write the personal development plan with the individual and support their development thereafter.
- To conduct half yearly and yearly performance reviews, recording formally direct reports past performance against job description and objectives and future targets, and to ensure this is done with all Service Workshop staff.
- To recruit and select Service Workshop team members
- To be able to identify, handle and competently manage any potential employee relations situations to support best practice within company guidelines. To evaluate root causes of issues and strive to alleviate such issues from occurring.
Manage the day to day operations of the Service Workshop repair and refurbishment process
- To ensure that ways of working for repair and refurbishment minimise waste and add value to Dyson and the Customer.
- To recommend and escalate changes to all systems (internal and external processes, computer systems etc.) to improve/ enhance operational performance.
- To display a working knowledge of SAP to support operators with issues.
- To motivate and encourage ideas for improvement from all members of staff.
- To demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to repair and refurbishment, championing lean tools such as 5’s initiatives & 3 C’s resolution.
- To manage & be responsible for all Service Workshop operations against service levels & KPI targets.
- To ensure that the Workshop complies with Health & Safety at all times and ensure that risk assessments are current and safe systems of work are followed.
- To ensure the Service Workshop remains optimised to meet the commercial ambitions for the sale of graded products.
- To understand the future demands of repair and to identify the future impact of workforce and structure.
- To understand the commercial and service implications of alternative scenarios and to recommend strategy based on them.
- To understand the implications of new categories and products of the Service Workshop function and to identify the future impact of workforce and structure.
- A background in manufacturing or production.
- A track record in implementing lean initiatives.
- Can demonstrate that they have driven efficiencies in a workshop/manufacturing environment including both operational and people changes.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Team leadership including leading engineers
- A good level of communication skills both verbal and written
- People and team management skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Good organisational skills
- Electrical and mechanical understanding
- Team player capable of building and motivating teams
- Ability to build relationships
- Pro-active and results driven
- Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A quality focus
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.