- Information Technology
- India - Gurgaon Office
Job Description – Dyson Business Services
The Dyson Business Services (DBS) organization provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of innovating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This is a key role to provide the operational excellence in DBS Centre, driving the process improvements and automation in Finance Services. Our goal is to be the trusted and preferred partner with the Business. We act at the forefront when it comes to deploying technology to design scalable solutions. We are competent and passionate about work – highly resilient to challenges.
About The Role
Windows Service Operations Manager
Reporting: Head of Service Operations (Workplace Technology Service)
You will be accountable for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a highly performant, fit for purpose and compliant Windows and Cloud User End Point management environment across all Dyson Windows user estate globally.
The Dyson Windows and Cloud user base is made up of various user personas and therefore differing user expectations and demands across our Executive Team, Research and Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Retail, Commercial and core support functions e.g.HR, Finance, IT etc.
- Be accountable for the service delivery of Windows and Cloud End User Computing Operations via a strategic third party across the hardware, build, patching, licensing, management in the Windows End User Computing Estate.
- Be able to technically hold Dyson’s external partner to account in the Windows and Cloud End User estate i.e., you must be technically skilled in MS Windows, Intune, and Azure
- Effectively manage the Windows and Cloud service delivery partner to ensure compliance to SLA’s, KPI’s, XLA’s and Dyson’s policies and processes. You will also ensure that effective monitoring, alerting, and service processes are defined and in place.
- Be responsible for the Service Delivery governance and reporting with the third party along with upward reporting to Senior WTS Team members on MS Windows service delivery including incidents, problem, change and request management.
- Using data driven insights, suggest and deliver service improvements that align to the broader WTS service strategy of shift left, automation, selfheal, and self help.
- Work collaboratively with WTS Project Delivery teams to ensure any projects delivered into the Windows and Cloud environment are transitioned into service operations smoothly with minimal impact to users.
- Work with the third-party support partner to drive continual service improvements.
- Provide escalation support in the event of major incidents or senior level escalations.
- Ensure strong supplier relationships and management of Windows and Cloud service providers.
- Seek and act on feedback from Windows and Cloud platform users on the quality-of-service delivery – leveraging the wider WTS global team where required.
- Ensure that where applicable MS Windows EUC services are delivered in a persona-based approach with consideration given to the Dyson Executive team and Research and Design aligned users.
- Ensure regular user/customer engagement especially with Research and Design users in order to continually drive improvement into the service delivery.
- Ensure compliance to Dyson’s standards, policies, and processes.
- Stay abreast of trends in the Workplace technology service and end user support, management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures, and other external changes that could have an impact on IT End User Windows and Cloud services.
Location & Commitments
- Gurugram, Full Time.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar End User Computing operational role in a company of a similar size, scale, and complexity as Dyson
- Demonstrable experience of effective technical and contractual management of suppliers delivering End User Computing services
- Strong customer service focus on technical service delivery
- Technically proficient in Windows and Cloud End User Computing with experience in:
- Windows build creation and management
- Windows 7 Enterprise and onwards and management
- SCCM/Endpoint manager (Intune)
- Understanding of Auto Pilot and modern OS/Application servicing technologies
- Traditional group policy and modern Intune based App / Device policies.
- Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Networking concepts such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, LAN and Wi-Fi, DNS, Proxy, VLAN and Firewall configurations
- Experience with the Command Line and Scripting (Batch and PowerShell)
- Knowledge of HP and DELL hardware
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Knowledge of Security technologies like AV, AM, EDR, SSO and MFA
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at senior leadership team levels and being able to translate complex technical scenarios into something that standard users can understand.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive, and innovative.
- Significant track record of establishing and maintaining high performing end user computing estates.
- Travel to Dyson global sites and third-party service provider site when required.
- Quick learner.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Fluency in English and clear and concise communication style.
- Thorough and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and inquisitive.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.