- Information Technology
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
The new Employee Services HRIS/Workday function within Dyson Business Services (DBS) organization will provide process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of innovating and enhancing employee services over time to meet the changing needs of the business.
About the Role:
The Workday Specialist is responsible for the administration, procedural, and level 1 configuration tasks related to all People System and Integrations, primarily Workday. This role will work closely with the Workday Functional Managers and Workday Specialists (based out of Toronto, India and Poland) and the DBS Employee Services Teams, to identify improvement opportunities within our HR Technology processes and implementing new ways of working in support of the Dyson employee experience.
To be successful in this role, you will strive to deliver a 'best in class', efficient service and will be a valued member of the wider People and DBS communities at Dyson.
- First line of support for HRIS technologies issues (administration and technical) that have been escalated from the Employee Administration Team and/or Employee’s directly
- Responsible for all administrative, procedural, and level 1 configuration tasks required by the HR Technology Team, primarily supporting Workday but also Cornerstone, Payroll integrations and other software as required
- Support the Employee Administration Team in delivering high quality employee interactions by acting as HR Technology Support
- Carry out data audits and reporting to support regular or ad-hoc business requirements, escalating as required to appropriate parties
- Support and implement business re-organisations and hierarchy restructures, using established approval and procedural guidelines
- Support the Workday Functional Managers and Workday Specialists to test, document, maintain, and support Workday interface solutions to share data with other applications, as required
- Support the bi-annual enhancements and release communications by testing and validating business requirements applicable to Dyson
- Support the Workday Functional Managers and Workday Specialists in implementing configuration changes, updating to existing Workday modules, and managing and promoting the changes through the appropriate Dyson software development cycle and change processes
- Support the delivery of key projects, including Workday module enhancements, other HR system implementations/changes, and customer service delivery improvements
- Prepare and run data uploads into Workday using appropriate EIB templates.
- Demonstrated background working in a Global HR Shared Services, HR experience, and/or a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures
- Previous experience with Workday, both configuration and administrative (Essential)
- Curious, data driven mindset focused on creating administrative efficiencies
- Growth mindset, willingness to continuously learn
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment, where focus is on SLA's and continuous improvement
- Excellent time and task management skills, highly organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and delegate (Essential)
- Adaptable and flexible; comfortable working under ambiguous, changing conditions
- Comfortable managing data; ability to understand reports/data
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.