- Customer Service and Inside Sales
- United States - Illinois Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with additional offices located in Aurora, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the Role:
The workforce manager role will be functionally responsible for all scheduling, forecasting, real-time monitoring, and staffing level analyses across a 400+ FTE contact center operation. We are looking for a strong Workforce Manager who will be able to balance long- and short-term strategy and the day-to-day management of workforce personnel.
Conduct all workforce management activities to recommend appropriate staffing levels
Forecasting and Planning
- Collaborate closely with Contact Center operations leadership to create and maintain a monthly rolling forecast based on inputs that drive contact demand
- Perform analysis on metrics to make scheduling recommendations to management, appropriate to call volume projections, to achieve service level goals
Staffing and Scheduling
- Make staffing recommendations that support team goals and initiatives, while maintaining high levels of performance
- Partners with call center supervisors and managers to ensure appropriate staffing is in place and contingency plans are created to overcome operational challenges
- Monitor call queues and make adjustments based on seasonal variations, special events, or other cyclical patterns that impact call volume
Reporting and Continuous Improvement
- Maintain and analyze Daily Activity reports, Agent & Department Scorecard reports, Forecasting Volume reports and other reports as assigned.
- Identify change initiatives to support successful productivity levels and quality customer service; promptly and thoroughly implement agreed-upon changes
- Create and maintain metrics related to workforce management, to include forecasting, call center statistics, capacity planning and scheduling.
- Per request by supervisor or manager, create trending analysis and other various reports
Fulfill other duties as required
- Special projects as directed by manager
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Minimum 4-8 years’ experience in workforce management or analytics required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 4-8 years’ experience in a call center environment preferred
- Workforce Management software experience required
- Familiarity with NICE software strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by targets
- Dynamic, driven, energetic, engaging and ability to drive for results
- Must have a customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships with all types of people
- An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and overtime if needed
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30lbs
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you will also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.