- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
Based at our headquarters in Toronto this role will be working alongside the Estates Operations team members to help deliver an exceptional service for our regional portfolio of workplace sites. You will be a visible point of contact for occupier groups, visitors and all suppliers using and visiting our facilities. Critical to success will be positive interaction with stakeholders to drive an excellent user experience.
This role will be tasked with representing the Estates team, taking ownership of user needs, and ensuring our workplace is ready for use each day. Drawing on other Estates functions including building services, cleaning, catering etc. you will be the conduit between end users and Estates, always ensuring customer satisfaction.
About the Role
- Working environment – support the Workplace Operations Management team in promoting a progressive and agile working culture. Liaise with internal teams when physical changes are planned to ensure the user experience is seamless.
- Champion Best in Class workplace experiences and support deployment of experience programs developed by the Workplace Operations Management team.
- Help Desk – As our front of house lead, you will be the first point of contact for all space related queries from our end users.
- Goods In & Out services coordination – including but not limited to full ownership of the mailroom and all package processing programs.
- Supply management – track, order, and report on all consumables for the space.
- Storage management – propose progressive solutions for teams to meet short- and long-term storage needs while keeping the workplace environment free from clutter. Track and manage the storage lifecycle of all items to ensure we are maintaining an optimal space usage profile.
- Day to Day liaison for 3rd party operations vendors, including building staff, office supply distributors, etc. – provide access and guide vendors throughout the space as needed
- Ensure end user accommodation needs are met, including arranging site access, enablement, and events and some administrative support, as required.
- Coordinating with the Estates team to ensure all contractor and workplace related visits are communicated with the end user and that the workplace is available when required.
- Proactively complete regular area inspections in order to seek out and report on reactive works, such as water leaks, cleaning incidents etc. and communicate with users’ groups regarding progress etc.
- Be a Health & Safety ambassador, reporting concerns/queries to the H&S regional manager
- Support VIP/visitor management working with the Dyson reception and security teams.
- Cooperate with other departments such as IT, Security etc. when workplace matters require their input.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment providing administrative or concierge support.
- Previous experience in similar role for a large organization.
- Highly organized, attention to detail with experience of prioritization under pressure.
- Strong communicator: ability to convey issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Good analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with others, and willingness to show initiative.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
- Desired experience with financial accounting systems. SAP an advantage.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.