Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment the estates team needs strong leadership and expertise in key areas - Workplace Experience is one of these areas.
About the role
This is a key role and ultimately the right person to take on these challenges and create valuable workplace experiences for employees. Responsible for the delivery of effortless and seamless customer experiences throughout your area of management. Bringing the latest trends, inspiration and thinking within workplace design, experience and engagement to the workplace. Observing the workplace environment and culture to identify the experiential needs across operational points. Accelerates improvement in workplace and engagement by serving as a process catalyst. Provides guidance on how to develop the environment and increase creativity, productivity and wellbeing. Connects operational needs with service deliveries to implement the workplace strategy and design aiming to benefit all employees.
Creating memorable experiences at every touchpoint along the work journey that foster a vibrant office environment, support creativity and innovation, and a workspace environment that is complimented with suitable design and functionality as well as facility lead services. You will be supporting employee satisfaction and wellbeing, increase productivity through the correct work environment, improve team spirit and collaboration and simplification and improvement of end to end operations.
Achieving this performance will require the definition and execution of the appropriate strategic plan with Senior workplace management. This plan will span existing and new buildings and include the development of both existing internal resource (Workplace Managers, Estates Assistants, Sports & Wellbeing team, catering operations) and external supplier relationships. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key functional leaders (Facilities, building services, catering, projects and health & safety), this role promotes key stakeholder engagement.
* Working with the Senior Manager - Workplace Experience to implement workplace operational standards and user experience for your region. Take accountability and act as technical expert to ensure that the workplace experience strategy is deployed across the region and ensure that occupational utilisation data is captured and regularly reported. Strive to exceed business expectations aligned with the Dyson Blueprint. Be Authentic, Different & Pioneering.
* To act as the custodian of the EMEA workplace, own the user experience and represent estates in customer forums. Promote collaboration and integration ensuring all proposed change follows establish estates wide change processes. Promote the Workplace function as a key business partner to drive effective communication and positive relationships.
* Contribute to and maintain your regions development plans, as well as supporting the change management process and associated SLA’s, ensuring risks are mitigated.
* Act as the operational interface between the customer and the wider estates team.
* Ensure internal resource is suitably developed to implement the strategy effectively across your region.
* Demonstrate clear understanding of the global estates proposition and represent global estates functions including building services, catering etc. to ensure seamless delivery of services within the workplace.
* Act is principle estates POC in region for all major internal company events.
* Lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed expectation, this includes sports & wellbeing and meeting room management.
* Demonstrate financial awareness and accountability within project or initiative delivery.
* Be the face of Dyson Workplace in your region and lead on all Workplace communication. Ensure regular and positive communication with key stakeholders and the Dyson community.
* Support wider estates team with incident response and act as liaison with user groups.
* Ensure all change is seamlessly delivered within the workplace from a user perspective and ensure collaboration with key delivery partners (IT, Security etc.)
* · Act as an estate’s ambassador promoting a health & safety culture across our workplaces. Support the H&S team in completing workplace reviews/audits (where required).
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including executive level.
* Able to demonstrate manager qualities and a determination to exceed expectations.
· Be confident and comfortable in the face of adversity and bring professionalism to your team and those around you.
· Be passionate about doing the right thing.
· As a manager have the ability to respond, prioritize and implement under pressure, coordinating both internal and external resource.
· Be a strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
· Have excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
· Have excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
· Be credible with the ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
· Be assertive with a readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required.
· When necessary be neutral with an ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome.
Desired experience or knowledge:
* Health & Safety Awareness or similar qualification
* Previous experience in a similar environment and/or facility service.
* Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
* Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software.
* Decisive and willingness to show initiative.
Benefits:27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us