- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chippenham, United Kingdom
We are passionate about ensuring our Owners have the most helpful, accessible and thorough after-care service right when it is needed, ensuring our Owners issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
About the role
- Receive and book in machines for repair/service returned by UK customers
- Assist in the offloading of returned machines from the Carrier’s delivery trailer
- Unbox all machines and manage waste and tote flows
- Book in the machine as being received within the service workshop on SAP CRM
- Print off any repair notes from customer calls
- Ensure that machines are clean before repair using the dust extraction equipment and cleaning materials provided
- Sorting machines into categories to allow to effective funnelling to the appropriate repair Engineer
- Ensure that repair Engineers have all materials to conduct repairs/servicing
- Raise special orders for spares where required
- Ensure stock levels are checked and replenished
- Package, label and dispatch repaired/serviced machines
- Package the repaired/serviced machine in line with packaging guidelines
- Complete the repair in SAP CRM, ensuring all details of the repair are entered
- Ensure communication with the customer on the details of their repair
- Ensure that the customer’s address and contact details are entered in the carrier’s system, and that a dispatch label is produced and applied to the customer’s machine
- Assist in the physical loading of repaired machines onto the Carrier’s collection trailer.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed
- Actively support and participate in site ISO Standards
- Communicate effectively with end customers when required
- Be an effective member of the Chippenham Service Centre team
- Participate in solving issues which affect the department or site.
- Support colleague training.
- Fulfil other duties as required:
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Experience within a service/technical, warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operating within a lean methodology environment.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using specialist IT systems
- A good level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to cooperate as a dynamic team and perform as a group
- Team player capable of building and motivating the teams around them
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes while delivering exceptional customer service
- Pro-active and results driven
- Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.